Father Captured, Two Young Girls Found Safe After He Kidnapped Them: Police

Zachary Stieber
By Zachary Stieber
June 7, 2019USshare
Father Captured, Two Young Girls Found Safe After He Kidnapped Them: Police

A Minnesota father was captured on June 7 several hours after authorities issued an Amber Alert after he assaulted his children’s mother and took off with them in her minivan.

Tips helped police locate Jeffrey Lo and his two young daughters, police said.

“People that were seeing him walking with two children,” Cottage Grove Police Chief Pete Koerner said at a press conference, reported KARE 11.

“We started a much larger perimeter and then as we started identifying which neighborhood we believed he was in, you know, we were able to keep tightening up the perimeter,” Koerner said.

—-Original story below.

Jeffrey Lo approached the woman at approximately 6:34 a.m. on June 7 in Cottage Grove the state’s Bureau of Criminal Apprehension said. He then assaulted the mother of his two children before fleeing the scene in her minivan with the girls inside.

The children were described as Asian females ages 1 and 3, with no clothing description or pictures available.

Lo was described as an Asian male standing 5 feet, 5 inches, weighing 180 pounds, with brown eyes and black hair.

The vehicle was described as a tan 2004 Toyota Sienna with a Minnesota license plate of 708XEM.

The suspect is armed, the bureau stated.

“Do not approach,” it told people. If anyone spotts Lo or the minivan they are urged to call 911.

No other information was available.

Mother Arrested, Child Found Safe After Tulsa Stabbing

TULSA, Okla.—A Tulsa mother stabbed her eldest daughter 50 to 70 times, struck her head with a pickaxe then set their home on fire, before fleeing the scene with the youngest of her three daughters, according to police.

Taheerah Ahmad, 39, was arrested in downtown Tulsa Tuesday afternoon.

Authorities accuse her of attacking her 11-year-old daughter Monday night and fleeing with her 8-year-old daughter. The younger daughter, who authorities initially said was 7, was found safe with her mother.

Ahmad was being held on complaints of arson, child abuse and assault and battery with the intent to kill. She was jailed without bond.

The 11-year-old girl remains in critical condition.

Taheerah Ahmad
Taheerah Ahmad who remains jailed on May 16, 2018, after authorities accused her of stabbing one of her daughters and setting their home on fire. Authorities say Ahmad was arrested in downtown Tulsa Tuesday and another daughter who had been reported missing was found safe, police said. (Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office via AP)
Taheerah Ahmad-
Taheerah Ahmad is pictured in an undated photo. (Tulsa Police Department via AP)

According to an arrest report, Ahmad told investigators she was upset with her children “because of the way they were reading and looking at her.” Police said Ahmad bound and gagged her three daughters, then attacked the eldest. Police have not said what the girls were reading.

The 8-year-old girl helped her 9-year-old sister escape, and the middle child ran to a neighbor for help, police said. When officers arrived, they found the 11-year-old girl in the burning home and Ahmad and the youngest child missing.

The arrest report said the eldest girl fought back while Ahmad was restraining her three daughters, which prompted Ahmad to stab her an estimated “50 to 70 times.” The report said Ahmad also struck the girl over the head several times with a pickaxe before setting the house on fire.

The 11-year-old had dozens of stab wounds to the torso along with puncture wounds to her legs, neck, hands, and face, according to the report.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

ntd newsletter icon
Sign up for NTD Daily
What you need to know, summarized in one email.
Stay informed with accurate news you can trust.
By registering for the newsletter, you agree to the Privacy Policy.