This refreshing smoothie is packed with antioxidants and nutrients. Matcha green tea powder is a high-quality, extra-fine ground green tea with immune-boosting properties. Mango is a good source of folate, several B vitamins, as well as vitamins A, C, K and E. Bananas are rich in soluble fiber.
Learn more about Taking Cancer on Through Flavour initiative by Boehringer Ingelheim.
● 1 1/2 Cups Brewed and Fully Chilled Green Tea
● 1 1/2 Cups Diced Mangos
● 2 Medium Ripe Bananas
● 1 Tsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
● Ice Cubes, Optional
1. Steep tea bags in boiling water for about 2-3 minutes or until you have reached desired strength. Either use immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
Tip: Warm and ambient temperatures are the best to retain antioxidants. Let the boiling water cool slightly before pouring onto the tea bag, and allow to steep for between 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Cut mangoes into cubes. Peel and slice the bananas.
3. Blend mango, banana with green tea and green tea powder, adding ice as needed. Process until smooth.