Conagra recalled nearly 3,000 pounds of Chef Boyardee bowls over mislabeling that led to some bowls containing allergens not listed on the labels.
The Pennsylvania-based company said that the recall affected only one type of product, Chef Boyardee “rice with chicken & vegetables” bowls.
The products were wrongly labeled and were actually beef ravioli, the company said in a recall alert.
The mistake means the products may contain milk and wheat, known allergens, despite not being listed on the label.
The products are packaged in a 7.5 ounce microwavable bowl.
The package code is 210090151050045L, the ‘BEST BY’ date reads Jul082020 on the bottom of the bowl, and the establishment number “EST. 794,” is also on the bottom of the bowl.
They were shipped to stores in Florida, Kentucky, and New York.
The problem was identified by consumers who discovered the issue and alerted the company.
People who bought the products can throw them out or return them. Anyone with questions may contact Danielle Richardson, Conagra’s manager of quality, at 1-(800) 921-7404.
Coolers Recalled After Boy Gets Trapped
A company that makes coolers has issued a voluntary recall after a boy in Florida got stuck inside one in March 2.
Surveillance camera footage showed Nicholas Wanes, 5, hiding in the cooler but ending up trapped.
“We had just come back from a day on the water, and we went into the house, unloaded everything. We left the cooler [outside] to dry,” the boy’s father, Rob Wanes, told WSVN.
When Nicholas first entered the cooler, the top stayed cracked open. Then it dropped and locked into place.
The boy said he grew fearful when he realized he was locked inside.
“When it got locked, I was scared,” Nicholas said. “Like, I thought I got locked in there forever. I didn’t notice that the lock closes automatically.”
“It was an awful scream as if a child had fallen and gotten really hurt,” Rob Wanes said. “He was right here in the cooler, curled up on his back, and he was screaming, crying. We yanked him out.”
The family identified the cooler as an IGLOO 72 quart Marine Elite, which includes a lock if people want to secure it.
Rob Wanes said his family is keeping the cooler but noted that he removed the lock.
A Pompano Beach family is warning others of a potential safety hazard after their small child locked himself inside of a coolerhttps://t.co/NfIbOqrnAK
— WSVN 7 News (@wsvn) March 8, 2019
The family sent the video to IGLOO and the store where they bought the cooler.
“Every thought goes through your mind. ‘What if? What if? What if? What if I didn’t hear him? What if I was out front? What if I was upstairs? What if I was in the shower?’ I mean, that’s why we want to get this out there,” mother Maria Wanes said.
IGLOO posted a safety alert concerning the Marine Elite line on its website, telling customers that the company issued a voluntary recall on some of the coolers.
It said the recall concerns Marine Elite coolers with the ability to lock stainless-steel latches.
“It is possible that the stainless-steel latch could, inadvertently close where a person could potentially become locked inside. We are working closely with West Marine to send customers a free latch-replacement kit that you can use to easily and safely switch out the current latch,” the company stated.
“If you haven’t received a kit, you can contact us toll-free at 1(888)-257-0934 to see if the free latch-replacement kit has already been mailed to you. Once removed, please discard the old stainless-steel latches.”
“We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. Our goal is to do everything we can to get you back out on the water using and loving your Igloo cooler,” it added.