The GOP’s first 2024 presidential debate was united by a “tough on China” agenda. How would the eight candidates tackle Washington’s engagement with Beijing?
Protests erupted in Northern China, with angered citizens demanding compensation after flooding wrought havoc on the area. They say officials released flood water without notice, and caused even more damage.
America’s largest professional networking platform was infiltrated by Chinese spies. Western intelligence agencies say agents for Beijing used LinkedIn to uncover UK state secrets.
China is dumping $10 billion into global infrastructure, as experts warn about the ambitions behind a development fund.
Topics in this episode:
- First GOP Debate, Trump Talks ‘Tough on China’
- China Spy Used Linkedin to Get UK State Secrets: Report
- China Is ‘In the Red Zone’: U.S. Southern Command
- Protesters Angered Over Flood Disaster Compensation
- Are Chinese Cities Being Sacrificed to Save Beijing?
- Beijing Pledges $10 Billion for Global Infrastructure
- Office Vacancy Hits Historic High in Chinese Cities
- N. Korean Satellite Launch Fails, Next Attempt Planned
- ‘China Is the Major Threat’: Copley on GOP Candidates’ ‘Clear Prioritization’