Beijing says it’s easing COVID-19 policy following nationwide protests. But some reports are showing just the opposite.
Anti-lockdown demonstrations cropping up across China are getting dispersed by police. We spoke to one protester who’s voicing her determination.
Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo says Beijing is trying to game the system, adding that Washington must rethink how it protects national security interests.
Europe is stuck in a dilemma over its biggest trade partner and systemic rival—now looking to reduce its dependence on China while asking the world’s biggest market to open more sectors to European companies.
Topics in this episode:
- China Loosening Grip on Covid-19 Curbs Post-Protest?
- Beijing Residents Respond to ‘Foreign Forces’ Claim
- ‘We’ve Reached a Breaking Point’: Anti-Lockdown Protester in China
- Commerce Sec. on China: U.S. Must Rethink How It Protects National Security Interests
- NATO Head Warns Against Dependency on China
- Biggest Trade Partner and ‘Systemic Rival’: EU Stuck in Dilemma with China Relationship
- Macron’s U.S. State Visit Amid China Competition
- Hk Blocks UK Lawyer’s Visa, Representing Jimmy Lai Trial for Hk Media Tycoon Postponed
- Ukraine Media: Daily Russian Flights to China
- Reporter on China’s Environment, Pollution Concerns: Resources ‘May Not Be Recovered for Decades’
- The Bloody Legacy of Jiang Zemin
Have other topics you want us to cover? Drop us a line: firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you’d like to buy us a coffee: https://donorbox.org/china-in-focus
Subscribe to our newsletter for more first-hand news from China.
Follow China in Focus on social media:
Click the “Save” button below the video to access it later on “My List”
Follow EpochTV on social media:
BUY Jan 6 DVD: The Real Story of Jan. 6 Documentary（102 Minutes, Color) , Promo Code “[Tiffany]” for 20% off.