China is bracing for another COVID-19 wave after health workers recently discovered 120 new subvariants. While the West has mostly begun to move on from the pandemic, China could be hunkering back down. This comes as Beijing scraps production of its domestic vaccines, due to low efficacy rates. What does the looming wave mean for the world?
Topics in this episode:
- 120 Sub-Variants of COVID-19 Discovered in China; Next Wave in May or June: Expert
- COVID-19 Debate: Accusations of Weaponizing Government
- China’s Huawei Reports Biggest Profit Fall in 10+ Years
- Chinese Companies Rush to List in U.S. Before New Rule
- Global Finance Ceos Make First Post-COVID-19 China Trips
- Japan Curbs Chipmaking Gear Exports, Aligns With U.S.
- Taiwanese President Accepts Global Leadership Award
- China, Taiwan Bid to Join CPTPP Free Trade Pact
- U.S., Philippines Hold Live Fire Military Exercises
- China to Join ASEAN’s Nuclear Arms-Free Zone
- Democracies Should Unite Against Autocracies: Former Australian Defense Minister Andrews
- A Long Way for the Chinese Yuan to Become an Global Reserve Currency: Ezrati