Violent protests erupt in China against virus-driven curbs. Hundreds of people smashed through COVID-19 barriers and overturned a police car.
A mother lost her unborn baby. The tragic event occurred amid China’s strict pandemic rules.
A contest for power is intensifying. We take a look at why China, the United States, and Canada are putting more effort into courting one region in Asia.
A Chinese man is under arrest in Canada. An employee for a major Canadian power company, he’s now on suspicion of espionage—tied to clean energy technology.
Could Vietnam replace China as the world’s leading manufacturer? Germany voices plans to back the country.
Topics in this episode:
- Violent Protests in Guangzhou Over COVID-19 Curbs
- Video: Lockdown Enforcers in China Beat Civilians
- Miscarriage Reported in China Amid Strict Virus Rules
- U.S. and Canada, China Compete for Influence Around South China Sea
- Canadian Police Arrest Man on Espionage Charges
- Germany Building Ties with Vietnam, Skirts China
- Taiwan Boosts Microchip Cooperation with Lithuania
- U.S., S. Korean Military Relocate Combined Forces Hq
- Chinese Draft Law Changed to Exclude Economic Reform
- CCP Accused of Meddling in U.S. Elections: Expert
- U.S., China Relations in a ‘Dangerous State’: Expert
Have other topics you want us to cover? Drop us a line: email@example.com
And if you’d like to buy us a coffee: https://donorbox.org/china-in-focus
Subscribe to our newsletter for more first-hand news from China.
Follow China in Focus on social media: