Once a global growth powerhouse, China is now heading for its slowest growth in half a century. What’s the outlook for world growth in 2024, as the China risks rise?
Are China’s local authorities in trouble? Some civil servants are reporting significant pay cuts across the board.
TikTok posts are being used in a new AI phone scam to carry out ransom crimes. We take a look at how scammers use social media to track their victims.
Chinese nationals attempted to force their way onto U.S. military bases more than a hundred times. Now, the House GOP is seeking answers from the FBI and the Defense Department on Chinese infiltration in America.
Topics in this episode:
- World Bank Cuts China’s Growth Forecast for Next Year
- Apple Complies with New Chinese App Store Rule
- GOP to Investigate Chinese ‘Gate Crashers’
- U.S. Senators Seek Meeting with Xi Jinping
- Indian News Outlet Raided on Suspicion of Foreign Propaganda Funding
- Former Australian Prime Minister Defends Taiwan Trip
- State Media Labels Beijing World’s Capital of Thoughts
- Chinese Tourist Arrested in Norway Over Security Fears
- How AI Scammers Are Using TikTok to Target Victims
- Civil Servants in China Report Widespread Pay Cuts
- 75-Year-Old Women Died in Chinese Police Custody
- Family of Chinese Women Seek Justice for Injuries
- Evergrande Trading Resumes Amid Chairman Probe
- How Should Washington View Beijing’s Aggression in the South China Sea? Ret. U.S. Navy Captain