President Joe Biden is wrapping up a tour of Asia, stopping by Vietnam after the Group of 20 summit in India’s capital. The weekend event saw a notable absence from Chinese leader Xi Jinping, who hasn’t missed a G20 summit since taking office a decade ago.
What does his no-show mean for the gathering?
Topics in this episode:
- Biden, G20 Allies Unveil Rail Project to Counter China
- U.S., Vietnam Upgrade Relations During Biden Visit
- Report: Beijing’s Ambition for Global Military Bases
- Belt and Road Countries Left Grappling With China Debt
- Graceffo: Italy’s Belt and Road Departure ‘A Huge Blow’
- Asthma-Like Symptoms Surge in China Prompting COVID-19 Suspicions
- Hundred of Dams Opened in Fujian Amid Tropical Storm
- Floodwater Rips Through Shenzhen Street: Video
- ‘A Revisionist Power’: Powell on China’s Plan to Reshape Global Governance