The U.S. fentanyl crisis is being helped along by a Chinese city.
President Joe Biden signed an executive order to boost biotechnology. It’s an effort to compete with China, but Beijing is taking action, too.
California is banning foreign governments and companies from buying U.S. farmland.
Books about sheep and wolves put a group of speech therapists behind bars. Hong Kong authorities label the children’s books an anti-government conspiracy.
For Beijing, is controlling its own citizens more important than national defense? We examine the growing gap between its stability funding and military spending.
Topics in this episode:
- Record Amount of Fentanyl, Meth Seized in AZ, TX
- Biden to Boost Biotech to Compete with China
- CA Bill to Ban Farmland Sales to Foreign Governments
- HK: Publishers of Children’s Books Sentenced to Jail
- Report: China Spends More on Control Than Defense
- WTA to Return to China for 2023 Tournaments
- China’s ‘Walking Dead’: Expert on Inner Workings of Communist Officialdom
Have other topics you want us to cover? Drop us a line: firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you’d like to buy us a coffee: https://donorbox.org/china-in-focus
Subscribe to our newsletter for more first-hand news from China.
Follow China in Focus on social media:
Click the “Save” button below the video to access it later on “My List”
Follow EpochTV on social media: