The Pentagon has plans for a rare earth magnet factory in the United States. The company it’s tapping to do it carries a major China footprint.
Ford is halting construction of a $3.5 billion electric vehicle battery plant. What’s behind the change of heart?
A new round of sanctions is coming from Washington on export controls. Who’s on the blacklist?
What really caused the deadly Maui wildfires? A pro-China campaign is pointing fingers at the United States. But is that the truth?
Topics in this episode:
- Planned U.S. Rare Earth Factory Tied to China Footprint
- Who Caused the Maui Wildfires? Pro-China Campaign Blames U.S.
- Ford Pauses Work on China-Linked EV Battery Plant
- Biden Makes New Pledges to Pacific States as China’s Influence Grows
- U.S. Army Chief Calls for Free Indo-Pacific
- S. Korea Holds Military Parade, Cautions N. Korea
- China Warns Philippines to Not Make ‘Provocations’
- China, S. Korea, Japan to Host Trilateral Talks
- U.S. Blacklists 28 Chinese, Russian Entities
- Taiwan President: Safeguard Free, Open Indo-Pacific; Australian Lawmakers Echo Message on Taipei Visit
- Swiss Bank UBS to Expand Cooperation with China’s ICBC
- Property Giant Evergrande Shares Tumble for Second Day
- Expert on Why Pacific Nations Are Key to U.S. Security