Guidelines & Rules
The primary goal of this comments section is to freely and respectfully exchange thoughts and ideas and to share and discuss news and current events.
Please know that all links posted in the comment section will not be hyperlinked.
We want our comments section to be a civilized place where people can share thoughts and discuss. If everyone puts honesty and kindness first civility is achievable.
Be on your best behavior and treat others as you’d like to be treated.
We highly abide by the First Amendment and respect everyone’s right to exercise it regardless of viewpoint.
However, offensive language and profanity are prohibited. We have modified our firewall protocols to automatically block the use of common expletives both in a comment or in your display name.
How to Participate
We encourage you to be considerate of others when writing your comments by adhering to the notice below:
1. Please read the entirety of the rules and guidelines below before participating in the comments section.
2. Focus on the subject. Try to post comments related to the main topic of the article and avoid shifting the discussion from the original focus into something completely unrelated.
3. Please engage in a way that is befitting a professional setting:
a) Keep comments respectful, do not post comments that harass or threaten other individuals, other Epoch Times subscribers;
b) Be mindful of offensive language disparaging against individuals or a group of individuals on the basis of disability, ethnicity, gender, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other traits;
c) Be mindful of abusive, personal attacks, defamatory language;
d) Avoid posting comments consisting of pornographic or sexually suggestive content, gore, or graphic abuse.
4. Avoid posting comments that promote violence.
5. Avoid posting comments that invade other person’s privacy or proprietary rights, including stalking or posting identifiable information of any individual or organization, also known as doxing;
6. Avoid posting unauthorized promotional material. This includes material and links to your own websites, blog posts, contests, businesses, or commercial ventures. Posting of such comments could lead to the user being suspended or banned.
7. Avoid duplicating posts both on one article and/or on multiple articles. Copying the same comment on multiple articles may lead to trigger our management team and filters to treat this action as spamming. Spend a bit of time to formulate your ideas and mix it up a little.
If you see someone violating our commenting rules, please kindly bring it to our attention by providing us with the user’s name, URL of the article, and any details of the offensive comment and send an email to: email@example.com
**Please note that we reserve the right to remove any comment, and suspend or ban any user without prior warning according to the rules listed above.
If You Are Offended by the Comments
To improve your experience on our website, you have the option to hide any comments that you do not wish to see by clicking on the HIDE button located right under the comment you wish not to see.
You can also hide the entire comment section if you click on HIDE COMMENTS located at the top right side of the comment box.
Please do not disclose personal and/or contact information in the comments section.