Dinner will be ready in 30 minutes with this Chicken Tikka Masala recipe. It is creamy and easy to make in one pan with simple ingredients! The chicken is perfectly tender with the comforting, flavor-packed sauce. Garam masala is a slightly sweet, peppery, and pungent blend of spices.
Learn more about Taking Cancer on Through Flavour initiative by Boehringer Ingelheim.
Serving size: 6
• 1 small Sweet Onion
• 2 small Carrots
• 1/4 Cauliflowers
• 1 ½ tbsp / 22ml Vegetable Oil
• 1 ½ lb. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, diced
• 3 tbsp / 50g Tomato Paste
• 3 cloves Garlic, minced
• 1 tbsp Ginger, diced
• 1 ½ tsp / 5g Garam Masala
• 1 ½ tsp / 5g Turmeric
• 15 oz. Tomato Sauce
• 1 cup / 240 ml Chicken Stock
• ½ cup / 120 ml Heavy Cream
• Salt to taste
• Black Pepper to taste
• 2 tbsp Cilantro, chopped (optional)
• 1 cup Cooked rice or Naan (optional)
1. Prep vegetables: dice the onion, slice the carrot, and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Set aside.
1. Heat cooking oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Add onion and cook until golden, about 4-5 minutes. Then add cauliflowers and carrots and cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Stir in tomato paste, garlic, ginger, garam masala and turmeric until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Pour in tomato sauce and chicken stock, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced and slightly thickened, about 7-8 minutes.
5. Stir in heavy cream until heated through, about 1 minute.
6. Serve immediately with rice or naan, garnished with cilantro, if desired.