Ex-Air Force Airman Arrested in Japan for Killing Woman He Met Online

Ex-Air Force Airman Arrested in Japan for Killing Woman He Met Online
Hyogo prefectural police investigating an apartment where a decapitated head was found in Osaka on February 25, 2018. (Jiji Press/AFP/Getty Images)

A 26-year-old man who once served in the U.S. Air Force was arrested in Japan for the gruesome death of a date he met online.

Yevgeniy Vasilievich Bayraktar is being held in Japan after police first believed he was holding 27-year-old Saki Kondo captive, but later found her decapitated head on Feb. 24 at a rental property linked to Bayraktar, along with dismembered body parts he led them to on Feb. 25, The Asahi Shimbun reported.

According to the Sankei Newspaper, the two met on the Tinder dating app.

Bayraktar and Kondo were seen together in surveillance footage entering a rented living space. He is later seen entering and leaving the property carrying a bag, but Kondo is not seen again, Japan Times reported.

After police found her head in a bag, Bayraktar led police to the locations where he scattered her other body parts, in both Osaka prefecture and the city of Kyoto, Japan Times reported.

Bayraktar lives in Long Island, New York, on a property with his mother and second stepfather, the New York Post reported. He met other women that he took to the same property he took Kondo to, but they were not harmed, Japan Times reported.

Bayraktar served in the U.S. Air Force but was released 11 months into his four-year service. An Air Force representative who spoke with the Post would not reveal the reason for his release. His mother, Regina, works as a nurse, according to the Post.

Bayraktar and his mother Regina came to the United States from Russia when he was 9 years old after his mother met Benny Dacy through an online dating site. After Dacy visited his future wife and stepson in Russia, he brought them back with him to the United States. Dacy said that after he and Regina got married and he paid her way through nursing school, she disappeared with his stepson, according to the Post.

“He and his mother were very close, but he and I were not,” Dacy told the Post. “If we were having dinner and he didn’t like the food, his mother would get up in the middle of the meal to cook him something special, and this was at a time when we didn’t have a lot of money.”

Dacy wasn’t prepared for what happened later.

“She called once to ask me for a divorce but I had no idea where they were until the news hit,” Dacy told the Post. “It was the most traumatic time of my life when she just left me. She is a very selfish woman.”


Recommended Video:

Brazen Pickpockets Steal £1,000 From London Pensioner

ntd newsletter icon
Sign up for NTD Daily
What you need to know, summarized in one email.
Stay informed with accurate news you can trust.
By registering for the newsletter, you agree to the Privacy Policy.