Family Members Speak Out a Month After Jayme Closs’s Disappearance

Tiffany Meier
By Tiffany Meier
November 14, 2018US News
share

Family members still have questions a month after Wisconsin teen, Jayme Closs, went missing on the same night her parents were found murdered.

It all began with a 911 call from Denise Closs’s cell phone. No one spoke on the phone. There were sounds of distant voices and commotion before the call ended.

When police arrived at the scene, they found both parents shot to death. The couple’s 13 year-old daughter, Jayme, was missing.

The phone from which the call was made lay on the floor.

A month later, FOX reporter Paul Blume interviewed family members, asking if they thought the Closs’s were targeted.

Suzi Allard, Jayme’s aunt, said: “I think this was targeted, planned. There’s nothing.”

A recent walkthrough of the house where the crime occurred only raises more questions.

Allard says, “It brought up more questions for us, brought up more questions. It was hard, really hard.”

Investigators have administered DNA tests on the family to rule them out as potential suspects, something they insist they’re okay with if it helps to find those responsible.

Blume asked them why they had been reluctant to speak out sooner.

Allard says, “It’s just unreal. You’re so emotional. You don’t even know what you’re saying, really. Even now, still you have to go through a big thought process …”

There is still an active amber alert out on Jayme Closs.

ntd newsletter icon
Sign up for NTD Daily
What you need to know, summarized in one email.
Stay informed with accurate news you can trust.
By registering for the newsletter, you agree to the Privacy Policy.
Comments