Tangy, super delicious grilled Hawaiian style beef kabobs made with tender pieces of steak, juicy pineapple, bell pepper, zucchini, and red onion. It’s an easy, nutritious, and colorful dish to make for any occasion.
Learn more about Taking Cancer on Through Flavour initiative by Boehringer Ingelheim.
• 1 lb./ 450g Beef sirloin, cut into 1″ pieces
• 1 Red bell pepper (80g), cut into 1″ pieces
• 1 Orange bell pepper (80g), cut into 1″ pieces
• Half Fresh pineapple (200g), cut into 1″ chunks
• ⅓ Red onion (40g), cut into 1″ pieces
• 1 Zucchini (120g), cut into 1/4- 1/2″ thick coins
• 6 oz. / 170g Pineapple juice
• ¼ cup / 60 ml Low sodium soy sauce
• ¼ cup / 60 ml Olive oil
• ¼ cup / 85g Honey
• ¼ cup / 60 ml Apple cider vinegar
• 2 tsp. / 10g Ginger, minced
• 2 tsp. / 10g Garlic, minced
1. Prepare the pineapple, red and orange bell pepper, red onion, and zucchini.
2. In a medium bowl, mix marinade ingredients. Whisk until well combined. Reserve 1-cup marinade.
3. Add beef to remaining marinade in bowl. Toss to coat, and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, add reserved 1-cup marinade to a small saucepan and cook on medium high, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half.
4. Layer beef and veggies on skewers.
5. Preheat grill pan to high; grill kabobs for about 2 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through. Brush with reserved marinade when you place them on the grill and each time your turn the kabobs. Remove from grill and serve. Enjoy!