Two U.S. warships are sailing through the Taiwan Strait. Overhead, more Chinese fighter jets are crossing the unofficial divide between China and Taiwan.
More joint military drills take place—this time between Russia and China. With those kicking off, the United States and Japan are launching their own field training.
Flooding and heavy rain are coming to wash away China’s extended heat wave. But the perfect storm of conditions presents an even bigger threat.
Protests are breaking out in China. Internet videos show residents venting against local lockdown measures and mass virus testing.
A human rights documentary is going to the Oscars. It’s nominated for Best International Film, the first submission of its kind.
Topics in this episode:
- U.S. Warships Sail Taiwan Strait Post-Pelosi Visit
- China, Mongolia Join Russian Military Drills
- Heatwave Still Roasting China, with Floods Forecast
- China Residents Protest Local Lockdown Measures
- NTD Holds Chinese Martial Arts Competition
- Canada Submits ‘Eternal Spring’ to the Oscars
- Arthur Herman: China’s Quantum Computer Threat
Have other topics you want us to cover? Drop us a line: firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you’d like to buy us a coffee: https://donorbox.org/china-in-focus
Subscribe to our newsletter for more first-hand news from China.
Follow China in Focus on social media:
Click the “Save” button below the video to access it later on “My List”
Follow EpochTV on social media: