Investigators cited by CBS5 said Carlos Jacinto Cobo-Perez admitted to having had sexual intercourse with the child in a car near her school.
Cobo-Perez was taken into custody on May 17, ABC15 Arizona reported, the same day that a hospital confirmed the little girl’s pregnancy.
Citing a probable cause statement filed on Saturday, May 18, in Moon Valley Justice Court, CBS5 reported that police had initially called for felony charges of sexual conduct with a minor and aggravated assault.
According to ABC15 Arizona, Cobo-Perez was being held on a $150,000 bond for sexual conduct with a minor.
During his first court appearance, the suspect allegedly asked to be deported.
The child’s mother told the station that she hopes he is not released and instead faces punishment.
“He needs to pay for what he did,” the woman told ABC15 Arizona. “If they let him out and send him back, he’ll be able to come back pretty easily.”
CBS5 reported that a letter written by Cobo-Perez had been found, in which the suspect said he understood “he could go the jail for having a relationship” with the girl, and that “he does not care if he goes to jail.”
Police cited by the news outlet identified Cobo-Perez as an illegal alien.
Police said the girl’s mother became suspicious in November of last year after she saw a hickey on her daughter’s neck.
The girl admitted to her mother that she and Cobo-Perez were “in a relationship,” CBS5 reported.
Cobo-Perez was then warned to stay away from the 11-year-old.
“She was infatuated,” the victim’s mother told ABC15 Arizona. “She didn’t understand, she’s a kid, and any person that’s older than her can wrap her around their finger.”
Police interviewed Cobo-Perez six months ago. A police report cited by CBS5 revealed he told investigators he was aware “their relationship was wrong” and promised to break it off.
But then girl’s mother told ABC15 she overheard Cobo-Perez “saying that he had been with my daughter and that he was scared she might be pregnant.”
A pregnancy test on May 17 revealed that the girl is, indeed, expecting a child. The mother told ABC15 she will not force her child to get an abortion.
“This isn’t the baby’s fault; I’m not going to ruin her life and tell her to abort it,” she told the outlet.
Illegal Alien Who Raped 12-Year-Old Gets 20 Years In Jail
According to earlier reports, an illegal alien who raped a 12-year-old Mississippi girl has been sentenced to 20 years behind bars, Fox News reported.
Valentin Ariosto Alfonso-Arguello, 38, was charged in September 2018 for raping the girl at her home, The Clarion-Ledger reported. Authorities cited in the report said Alfonso-Arguello met the girl at a Ridgeland restaurant—about 12 miles north of Jackson—and coerced her to give him her phone number and address.
Hours later, Alfonso-Arguello showed up at the girl’s house and she got into his truck. He forced her to have sex with him in the vehicle, despite her saying “no” and repeatedly trying to get out of the vehicle, according to The Ledger.
Madison and Rankin counties’ District Attorney John K. Bramlett Jr. said in a statement cited by Madison County Online that the case is reflective of a broader problem of child sex abuse.
“Every day in America young girls are coerced to meet men who have ill intent toward them,” Bramlett said, according to the report. “Unfortunately, this is one of those cases where a much older man talked a young girl into meeting him and forced her to have sex. Our children are now easier targets for pedophiles and we must continue to seek justice for those who become victims.”
Bramlett called Alfonso-Arguello “evil and sick.”
“The Madison County Sheriff’s office did an outstanding job of investigating this crime and building a case against a person whose only mission that early morning was evil and sick. Working together, we have made our neighborhoods a little safer with Alfonso-Arguello now in prison.”
The DA vowed criminal behavior targeting children would not go unpunished.
“The District Attorney’s office will continue working diligently making sure that those who hurt our children pay the consequences for their sick crimes. We have zero tolerance for people like Alfonso-Arguello and we will continue working toward ridding our streets of criminals like him.”
Assistant District Attorney Katie Moulds told The Ledger that eight years of Alfonso-Arguello’s 20-year sentence will be suspended. He will then face deportation or register as a sex offender and serve five years of supervised probation.
From The Epoch Times