This maple roasted beets salad recipe is an easy, colorful light bite or side dish. Beets are a good source of dietary fiber, folate, potassium, manganese, Vitamin C, and iron.
Learn more about Taking Cancer on Through Flavour initiative by Boehringer Ingelheim.
• 6 Small Beets
• 6 Small Rainbow Carrots
• 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
• Salt & Pepper to Taste
• 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter
• 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
• 3 Tbsp (84 g) Vegan Feta Cheese
• ½ Tbsp Chopped Cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C and move the rack to the middle position.
2. Cut the beets and carrots into pieces that are roughly the same size and place the pieces on a large baking sheet.
3. Drizzle the olive oil onto the beets and carrots and add salt & pepper. Toss until they’re coated. Spread them out in an even layer.
4. Roast for about 25 minutes. Take the baking sheet out of the oven and add the vegan butter and maple syrup directly to the baking sheet. Let the butter melt then toss it again until everything is coated. Return the baking sheet to the oven for another 5 minutes.
5. Garnish with vegan feta cheese and chopped cilantro.
6. Serve immediately.