Marinated in a sweet and savory miso sauce, this Miso Salmon in Asian Broth recipe makes a delicious weeknight meal. Salmon is a great source of protein and packed with omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B12.
Learn more about Taking Cancer on Through Flavour initiative by Boehringer Ingelheim.
Serving size: 4
For the salmon marinade:
• 4 tbsp White Miso Paste
• 2 tbsp Honey
• 2 ½ tbsp Mirin
• 2 tsp Sesame Oil
• 1.75 lb. / 790g Salmon Fillet, skinless (~200g per piece)
For the Asian Broth:
• 4 ¼ cups / 1000 ml Fish Stock
• 3 tbsp White Miso Paste
• 2cm piece Fresh Ginger, cut into julienne
• 1 tsp Sesame Oil
• 2 Green Onions, thinly sliced
• 180g Shiitake Mushrooms
• 2 bunches / 100g Bok Choy
• 10g Coriander Leaves
• Toasted Sesame Seeds
• Green Onions, thinly sliced
1. Put miso, honey, mirin, and sesame oil in a bowl and mix well, then place the salmon into the bowl and spread the mixture on salmon evenly, then let it marinate for about 30 minutes.
2. Place the salmon fillets to a baking sheet, bake the salmon for about 10-12 minutes in 370°F/190°C until the salmon flakes easily into large pieces.
3. Slice the mushrooms and bok choy. Set aside.
4. Pour the fish stock into a pot, add the miso paste, stir and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, add the ginger, sesame oil then simmer for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and simmer for 2 minutes, add bok choy and green, turn off the heat and add the coriander leaves then mix well.
5. Put the salmon and soup into a bowl, sprinkle with some sesame seeds and green onion on the salmon. Enjoy!