Missing Teenager Adriana Davidson Found Dead Near Michigan High School

Lorenz Duchamps
By Lorenz Duchamps
January 31, 2023USshare
Missing Teenager Adriana Davidson Found Dead Near Michigan High School
This combination of pictures shows Adriana Davidson. (Courtesy of Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Office)

The body of a 15-year-old girl who was last seen alive near her high school on Jan. 27 was recovered by authorities in Michigan on Monday, according to local officials.

The Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement on Twitter that a K-9 unit located the body of Adriana Davidson near the athletic fields of Ann Arbor Pioneer High School just before 1 p.m. on Jan. 30.

“At this early stage, there are no indications of foul play,” according to the sheriff’s office.

“Our sincere condolences go out to the friends and family of Adriana,” it added. “You remain in our thoughts and prayers. We would also like to thank everyone for your assistance in spreading the word, sharing tips, and offering your support.”

Davidson last communicated with members of her family around 9 a.m. on Jan. 27 while she was on her way to school, police said in a statement. Several hours later, she was seen by friends outside the school at about 11 a.m. before she disappeared that day.

When Davidson failed to return home from school, her family attempted to locate her but they were unsuccessful. The family then called authorities to report her missing at about 12:10 a.m. on Jan. 28.

The Ann Arbor Police Department said in a statement on Twitter that it will be taking over the investigation, noting that an autopsy is planned to determine the teen’s cause of death.

“While the Ann Arbor Police Department is investigating the circumstances of her death, we do not believe there is an active threat to the community,” Ann Arbor police said.

John Davidson, the girl’s father, said in an emotional post on Facebook that the family needs “time to grieve” after the discovery.

“This is the hardest thing I’ve even [sic] had to do but, my daughter Adriana was found and she has passed on! I’m not sure where I go from here but, I am so grateful for all the support and love from everyone across this nation especially family and friends that have helped searching and posting for Adriana!” he wrote.

Derrick Jackson of the Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Office revealed to 7 Action News that investigators were able to discover that Davidson wasn’t feeling well when she arrived at school on Jan. 27 and left soon after.

According to surveillance footage, Davidson was seen returning to school again around noon that day, but she never entered the building, Jackson told the network, noting that this was the last time she was seen.

The report also outlined that a student found Davidson’s phone on the school’s tennis court on Jan. 27 and turned it over to authorities.

A close friend of Davidson told Anthony Lopez, the girl’s brother, that she sent a text message to her and asked if she was feeling alright, to which Davidson responded, “No.”

When the friend reportedly answered the text message with “Wym,” an acronym often used in texting and social media which stands for “What you mean,” Davidson didn’t text back.

In the 7 Action News interview, Lopez said the phone being left behind was “a red flag” for him.

“When I found out that Addy was potentially missing, I knew right away she didn’t run away. The red flag for me was the phone,” Lopez told the network when the investigation was still a missing person case. Adriana Davidson was known as Addy by her friends and family.

ntd newsletter icon
Sign up for NTD Daily
What you need to know, summarized in one email.
Stay informed with accurate news you can trust.
By registering for the newsletter, you agree to the Privacy Policy.