Missing Teenager Was in Relationship With 34-Year-Old Man Still on Run From Police, Report Says

Cathy He
By Cathy He
June 28, 2018Worldshare
Missing Teenager Was in Relationship With 34-Year-Old Man Still on Run From Police, Report Says
Zlatko Sikorsky. (Queensland Police)

A missing Queensland teenager was in a relationship with a 34-year-old man who is wanted by police after a woman’s body was found in a barrel on a ute, says the Courier Mail.

According to the paper, 16-year-old Larissa Beilby was living in transitional accommodation in Sandgate, north of Brisbane, to escape a man she feared. They were not in a relationship.

Beilby later ended up with 34-year-old Zlatko Sikorsky, now a fugitive, who reportedly has a criminal record, including armed robbery and extortion.

A manhunt is still underway for Sikorsky, who is believed to be travelling alone in a silver Holden Commodore in the Logan and Gold Coast region.

According to the the Courier Mail, Beilby told friends she was concerned her new boyfriend Sikorsky, who is more than twice her age, would discover that she was 16-years-old, and that he had a gun.

Beilby was reported missing on June 15, and was last in contact with her family on June 18, police have said.

Police initially attended a property at Buccan, south of Brisbane, to investigate Beilby’s disappearance on the afternoon of June 27, which eventually led to the discovery a woman’s decomposed body at another site in Stapylton. The body had been stuffed in a barrel and hidden under a tarp on a ute.

The paper reported police were led to the Buccan property after they detected Beilby’s bankcard had been used at a McDonald’s restaurant by someone in a black ute. They were able to track the ute to the property.

When investigators arrived, they saw a man, believed to be Sikorsky, flee from the back door and drive off in a black ute.

The ute was found in the late afternoon dumped at a gated community in Stapylton, where officers made the grisly discovery.

Sikorsky is believed to be travelling in a late model silver Holden Commodore with a sunroof, carrying the Queensland registration 966WKB.

NTD Photo
(Queensland police)

Police say Sikorsky has access to firearms and “may present a risk to the public.”

They have urged the public not to approach him or the car, and to immediately call triple 0.

The woman’s body has not yet been officially identified by police. An autopsy will be needed for identification because the body was badly decomposed, reported the ABC.

A resident of the Stapylton community, who did not wish to be named, told AAP that a man had pointed a shotgun at her and offered her money to be let inside the precinct.

At that point, the woman saw a “a blue barrel … all I’ve seen is an arm flapping out … There was just the one barrel, it wasn’t massive either, it was only small,” the woman said.

She said the ute was in a bad condition and was surprised the man was still driving in it.

“The windows were all shot out, bullet holes through the bonnet of the ute.

“He pulled out a shotgun and said to me and my partner ‘I’ll give you two grand if you let me in the gate right now’ so we lifted up the gate and let him in.”

Prior to this police incident, Sikorsky was on a return to prison warrant, said the Courier Mail.

The 34-year-old had reportedly previously served prison time after being convicted of armed robbery and offences.

Sikorsky’s father told the paper that his son was a “decent person” and people needed to “wait for police to do their job.”

“Hopefully all of this is nothing but rubbish,” he said.

According to the outlet, Beilby moved to Queensland with her father and sister in 2012 where she attended Craigslea State School in Brisbane’s north. She had also been working at McDonald’s.

Police have set up crime scenes at the addresses in Buccan and Stapylton and commenced forensic examinations, said a statement. An investigation centre has also been established in Logan.

 

Watch Next:

People Gather to Protest ‘Real Bodies’ Exhibition in Sydney

There is reason to believe that the corpses on display have come from non-consenting Chinese citizens.

ntd newsletter icon
Sign up for NTD Daily
What you need to know, summarized in one email.
Stay informed with accurate news you can trust.
By registering for the newsletter, you agree to the Privacy Policy.
Comments