Mother Shares Shocking Pictures of 3-Year-Old Girl After Severe Allergic Reaction to Cheap Makeup

Zachary Stieber
By Zachary Stieber
March 23, 2018US News
Mother Shares Shocking Pictures of 3-Year-Old Girl After Severe Allergic Reaction to Cheap Makeup
(Kylie Craven/Facebook)

An Illinois mother has shared shocking pictures of her 3-year-old daughter after the girl experienced a severe allergic reaction to cheap makeup.

Kylie Craven bought the makeup, which she described as looking “harmless” and “non-toxic,” at a Family Dollar in their hometown of Georgetown.

But within 24 hours of Craven putting the makeup on Lydia’s face, her blisters and swelling became so severe had to be admitted to the local hospital.

The photos show the girl in her hospital bed with a clearly visible rash spreading over the bulk of her face.

Over her forehead is a wet towel to try to curb some of the intense pain, and she’s surrounded by stuffed animals on the bed.

“In 24 hours our little girl went from 100 percent healthy to her eyes swollen and blistered shut—with a rash all over her body,” Craven wrote on Facebook.

“She was unable to eat much for days because of the blistering and cracking of her lips. There are six different chemicals in this makeup that are commonly known to cause an allergic reaction. Lydia unfortunately was one of those people.”

Fortunately, though, Lydia is doing much better and is close to a full recovery. She has now been released from the hospital.

“Lydia has been through so much these past few days. Good news is we are home from the hospital today and she is doing better!!!” Craven wrote.

The mother wanted to warn people about the makeup while sharing her story.

Parents should “be very careful about what we allow our children to have,” she said.

“For Tony and I this was definitely an eye opener and we will be more cautious about acknowledging ingredients and educating ourselves on what is good and bad before purchasing from here on out.”

The post has been shared more than 175,000 times.

Other users said they were sad to hear the news and hopeful the little girl would fully recover.

“So glad to hear that she’s doing better you are both good parents these things just happen thank goodness she didn’t have like anaphylactic shock… praying there won’t be any residual symptoms and that she’ll soon be back to her normal cute little self,” said one user.

“Wow, that is definitely an eye-opener! She looks absolutely miserable! I would have broke down, you’re so strong momma! Prayers sent your way,” said another.

“This is absolutely terrible and how dare they sell this junk to our children my heart is absolutely breaking for her and you two.. she is in my prayers and hope she continues to have a speedy recovery,” said yet another.


Recommended Video:

ntd newsletter icon
Sign up for NTD Daily
What you need to know, summarized in one email.
Stay informed with accurate news you can trust.
By registering for the newsletter, you agree to the Privacy Policy.