Recession fears grow; investment bank JPMorgan says there’s an 85 percent chance of a recession for the U.S. economy.
President Joe Biden is considering pausing the federal gas tax to help at the pump, saying he’ll make a decision soon.
Germany is going back to coal for power generation. It wants to reduce natural gas consumption, as Russia squeezes gas supply.
The House issues a report about a popular pet collar that is believed to be killing pets. Government agencies are taking blame over inaction.
Lunch with Warren Buffett sells for a record-breaking price: more than four times the winning bid in 2019.
Topics in this episode include:
1. Chances of U.S. Recession at 85%: JPMorgan
2. President Biden: Decision on Gas Tax Holiday Soon
3. Inflation Across Multiple Industries
4. 900+ Flights Canceled on Sunday
5. IATA Upgrades Forecasts for Airline Industry
6. Germany to Replace Russian Gas With Coal
7. Germany’s Producer Price Inflation Soars
8. Russian Oil Exports to China Soar to Record
9. Shenzhen Partial Lockdown
10. Report: U.S. TikTok User Data Seen by China
11. Tesla Cars Banned From China Leaders’ Meeting
12. Bitcoin Drops Below $20,000
13. Tighter Rules for ‘Buy Now Pay Later’: UK
14. Maryland Apple Store Workers Form Union
15. Report: Pets Died From Popular Flea Collar
16. Yellowstone Restaurant Faces Flood Hurdles
17. Sam’s Club Membership for $8 Instead of $45
18. $19M Steak Lunch With Warren Buffett
19. Scooby-Doo Mystery Machine on Airbnb Sold Out
20. ‘Diamond’ Bridge Spans Canyon in Georgia