It may not have been the best-kept secret in politics. But former President Donald Trump has officially let the cat out of the bag: He is running for U.S. president in 2024. NTD has takeaways from his announcement on Nov. 15.
Republicans are now projected to take the House. They have passed the 218 seats needed for a majority. And House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy has won his party’s nomination for House speaker. Find out more about the developments in Congress.
“Don’t mess with Texas” has taken on a whole new level of meaning. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has declared an invasion due to illegal immigration. Meanwhile, the City of Brotherly Love is now on his list as a destination for illegal border crossers.
Topics in this episode include:
1. Trump Running in 2024
2. GOP Projected to Win US House Majority
3. Senate Leadership Challenge
4. Texas Declares Invasion at Border
5. Walmart to Settle Opioid Lawsuits
6. The Surge of Homelessness
7. Poland Investigates Blast Near Ukrainian Border
8. FTX Possibly Lost Money for a Million People
9. Brazilians Still Protesting Election Results
10. NASA Launches Artemis I Rocket
11. White House Christmas Tree on its Way