President Joe Biden and House Speaker Kevin McCarthy reached a tentative deal on Saturday to avert a default on U.S. debt. Now the pair is tasked with getting it through Congress—although one senator has already said that China would be the real winner from the agreed defense budget.
State Farm Insurance is no longer offering new policies on California properties. The firm is fighting the pressures of inflation as well as the state’s ever-increasing wildfire risks.
The majority of Americans are worried that artificial intelligence could pose an existential threat to civilization, according to a poll by market research firm Ipsos and Reuters.
Topics in this episode include:
1. Giving Neighbors Flags for Memorial Day
2. Catastrophic Default off the Table: Biden
3. Iowa Apartment Partially Collapses
4. SD Gov. Wants Universities to Change Course
5. State Farm Halts Home Insurance in California
6. Most Americans Say AI Threatens Mankind: Poll
7. Teaching Kids to Avoid Social Media Toxicity
8. Fox News Primetime Viewership Down by 1M
9. Russia Attacks Kyiv Twice Within Hours
10. Kyiv Denies China Backs Splitting the West
11. Chinese Battery Plant Upsets Hungarians
12. Seoul Hosts 1st Korea-Pacific Islands Summit
13. Turkey’s Erdogan Wins Reelection After Runoff
14. Protesters Decry ‘Power Grab’ by W.H.O.
15. Twitter Leaves EU Regulation Scheme
16. Venice’s Waters Turn Fluorescent Green
17. UK Not Ready for Future Energy Demands: Expert
18. UK Works to Curb the Spread of Bird Flu
19. House Sitting a Cheaper Solution for Travel
20. Renovated Tower of David Opens to the Public
21. Learn How to Identify Nutrient Deficiencies