Ohio Couple Faces Felony After 2-Year-Old Daughter Froze to Death on Porch

Zachary Stieber
By Zachary Stieber
March 21, 2018US News
Ohio Couple Faces Felony After 2-Year-Old Daughter Froze to Death on Porch

Two parents in Ohio are facing a felony charge of child endangerment after their 2-year-old daughter froze to death in February.

The little girl, Wynter Parker, was found unresponsive on the family’s front porch in Akron on Feb. 2.

She was rushed to the hospital but was later pronounced dead.

Tierra Williams, 22, and Dariaun Parker, 24, were charged on Tuesday with the felony, reported NBC 12.

Detectives said that Williams left the girl with Parker while she went to run errands.

But the father, who works a night shift job, apparently fell asleep and the girl wandered outside.

NBC12 – WWBT – Richmond, VA News On Your Side
The mother found her there when she returned home.

Christal Lucas, a neighbor, told WKYC that she often had to tell Williams and Parker to bring their children inside.

“It was a few times where I had to take both of her kids home,” she said. “It’s just a very sad situation. It literally broke my heart.”

After the death, the couple took to the fundraising platform GoFundMe to try to raise money for Wynter’s funeral.

“The death of losing a child, it’s like losing your breath and never catching it again. Today, I’m filled with deep sorrow, grief, complete emptiness and pure agony. I am filled with tremendous regret as I announce the passing of my 2-year-old little girl, Wynter,” Williams wrote.

“While Wynter and her Dad slept peacefully, Wynter being the growing, curious, ambitious toddler that she is awoken from her nap without disturbing Dad and left our home. No one was aware that she was outside in the snowfall, in freezing temperatures with life slipping away from her, dying. My little girl froze to death. When I found her she was alone and unresponsive. My sweet little girl who was always so warm and full of life was now cold and lifeless.”

The mother added, “She was immediately rushed to the hospital where a team of doctors tried everything they could to save my baby girl but within hours she succumbed to her injuries. There was nothing more that could be done. It was too late.”

The GoFundMe raised $1,531.

Recommended Video:

Mom’s Hilarious Reaction to Raptor Scare

ntd newsletter icon
Sign up for NTD Daily
What you need to know, summarized in one email.
Stay informed with accurate news you can trust.
By registering for the newsletter, you agree to the Privacy Policy.