Are the Confucius Institutes in the United States truly closed? A report says some of them are back, but under new names.
China’s flood season is getting worse. So far, 85 rivers have risen above flood warning levels.
More Chinese banks are having difficulty completing customer withdrawals. Some are even limiting how much money can be transferred.
Two Chinese real estate companies present an unusual alternative to a cash down payment. For those that don’t have the money, certain crops are accepted instead.
As Shanghai residents complain about a lack of state aid, the city has started urging locals to donate to authorities instead—in the name of supporting COVID-19 measures.
Topics in this episode:
- Schools Replace Confucius Institutes w/ New Programs
- Severe Flooding: 85 Rivers Surpass Warning Levels
- Bank Runs Begin in Shanghai, Other Chinese Cities
- Chinese Bank: E-Transfer Limit Hits New Low
- China Property Sector: Trade Garlic for House
- Shanghai: Locals Should ‘Donate’ to COVID-19 Control
- World Cup Reinstates China Reference for Taiwan
- Chinese Asylum Seekers Jump 800% In 10 Years
- Iconic Hong Kong Restaurant Capsizes at Sea
- Collector Captures Hong Kong’s Colonial Past
- Fmr DOD Cyber Director: Chinese Naval Base Near U.S.
Have other topics you want us to cover? Drop us a line: email@example.com
And if you’d like to buy us a coffee: https://donorbox.org/china-in-focus
Subscribe to our newsletter for more first-hand news from China.
Follow China in Focus on social media:
Click the “Save” button below the video to access it later on “My List”