This delicious spring veggie frittata is easy to make and is loaded with healthy protein and fats. Packed with seasonal veggies like asparagus and peas, it is perfect for breakfast or brunch. The eggs provide a great source of protein, iron and vitamin D, making for a well-balanced meal.
Learn more about Taking Cancer on Through Flavour initiative by Boehringer Ingelheim.
● Eggs: 3 large eggs and 3 egg whites
● Potatoes (cooked): 182g / 6.4oz
● Baby spinach : 50g /1.85oz
● Fresh asparagus: 120g / 4.2oz
● Spring peas: 70g / 2.4oz (½ cup)
● Onions: 60g / 2.1oz
● Mozzarella cheese (vegetarian-friendly): 85g / 3oz
● Fresh parsley: 13g / 0.4oz
● Avocado oil: 1 tbsp/15ml
● Salt: 1/2 tsp
● Freshly ground black pepper:1/4 tsp
● Cherry tomatoes, halved: 8 counts
1. Preheat oven to 385°F / 195°C.
2. Cook and peel the potatoes, and cut into 2 cm (¾ inch) small cubes. Cut the asparagus into 3 cm (1⅛ inch) pieces. Chop the onion and parsley.
3. In a cast iron pan over medium heat, sauté the onion in avocado oil until translucent. Add potatoes, asparagus, baby spinach, peas, salt and pepper and continue to sauté for another couple of minutes.
4. In a small mixing bowl, whisk the 3 eggs, 3 egg white, and add in the cheese and chopped parsley.
5. Pour egg mixture into the pan with veggies. Turn to low heat, cook for 8-10 minutes until the eggs are set.
6. Bake for 4-6 minutes in the oven on top heat at 385°F / 195°C until the top of the frittata is browned and puffy. Top with cherry tomatoes before serving.