Tripp Halstead, Toddler Seriously Injured When Tree Limb Fell on Him 5 Years Ago, Has Died

Tom Ozimek
By Tom Ozimek
March 16, 2018US News
Tripp Halstead, Toddler Seriously Injured When Tree Limb Fell on Him 5 Years Ago, Has Died
Tripp Halstead, whose story of survival after a tragic accident has been followed by many, passed away on Thursday, March 15. (Facebook / Tripp Halstead Updates)

Tripp Halstead, a young boy who was seriously injured more than five years ago when a tree branch fell on him, damaging his brain, has passed away.

Halstead’s father broke the news to Atlanta’s WSB-TV reporters on Thursday, March 15.

“Thank you for all of the support,” Tripp’s mother, Stacey Halstead, told 11Alive in a statement. “We are devastated.”

Commenter Shannon Bove’s statement reflects a sentiment doubtlessly widespread among the more than 1.3 million followers of the Facebook page Tripp Halstead Updates, set up by his family to allow a broader community to share in the boy’s journey.

“My heart broke when I heard the news. Thank you to the Halstead family for letting us all be a part of Tripp’s life and journey. No amount of words will help the pain or take your hurt away. We all loved Tripp so much and are praying for your entire family. My deepest condolences. I’m lighting a candle for him and your family tonight and praying.”

The lives of Tripp and his family were forever changed on Oct. 29, 2012, when Stacy Halstead dropped off her 2-year-old son at a Winder, Georgia daycare, 11Alive reported.

She received a call at 11 a.m. with heart-breaking news that her son had been injured in a freak accident.

While initially touch-and-go, eventually the toddler pulled through. People all over the country started to follow along and root for his recovery.

There was the initial news on Nov. 6, 2012, that he was going to make it, after all.

Later, on July 15, 2014, Tripp and his family moved into a home renovated by Sunshine on a Ranney Day to accommodate the boy’s needs.

And on July 31, 2017, Tripp started first grade.

Then on Thursday, the boy’s mother wrote that she brought him to the hospital Thursday morning after she noticed his breathing had become labored.

When doctors examined the boy, he was suspected of having pneumonia or mucus in the lungs.

Later that day, Tripp’s family shared the sad news.

“There are no words to express how Bill and I are feeling at this moment. We are beyond devastated and honestly, I believe I am in shock. Our amazing, perfect, beautiful miracle of a son, Tripp Hughes Halstead passed away at 5:47 pm today. He was our whole world.

We love you Trippadoo and you will never realize the impact you made on our lives.

I have no idea when I will post again. I’m still processing everything. But Bill and I were in the room when he passed at the hospital. His little body was just done fighting this last infection. His little heart gave out. This winter was brutal for him. I’m just so thankful he had the best summer ever. Jet skis, Disney World, the list is endless and that’s when we got those amazing huge smiles.

At this time, I will not be reading the comments but your welcome to leave them for me to read in the coming weeks.

You have been the most loyal and outstanding followers we could have ever asked for and We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the past 5 1/2 years. You let us into your lives and You were there when we needed you most.

Love, Bill and Stacy”

From The Epoch Times


Recommended Video:

Timelapse Video Captures ‘Ocean’ of Clouds Over Vancouver, British Columbia

ntd newsletter icon
Sign up for NTD Daily
What you need to know, summarized in one email.
Stay informed with accurate news you can trust.
By registering for the newsletter, you agree to the Privacy Policy.