Slapping sanctions on Nancy Pelosi, firing missiles into waters near Taiwan, and waging cyber attacks—Beijing reacts to the House speaker’s Taiwan visit. Is it a serious escalation, or a show for its domestic audience?
The Pentagon is delaying a scheduled ballistic missile test after Beijing’s fiery reaction to Pelosi’s Taiwan visit.
U.S. Sen. Josh Hawley gives the only “no” vote, as the Senate overwhelmingly favors Sweden and Finland’s ask to join NATO. Hawley explains.
The United States relies on a single Taiwanese company for the most advanced microchips. But what would happen if China invades Taiwan?
Topics in this episode:
- U.S. Calls Chinese Drills ‘Significant Escalation’
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Defends Taiwan Trip
- China Sanctions Pelosi After Visit to Taiwan
- Pentagon Delays ICBM Test Over Taiwan Tensions
- Businessman Donates $100m for Taiwan’s Defense
- Taiwan Cybersecurity Issues Rise: Suspected Hacks
- China Invasion Would Halt Taiwan Chip Manufacturing
- Pelosi Meets Officials in South Korea Post-Taiwan
- Pelosi Meets with Japanese Pm, Lower House Speaker
- Senate Votes to Allow Sweden, Finland into Nato
- Joe Rogan Warns Americans About Using Tiktok
- Starbucks Sales Falter in China Under Covid-19 Rules
- China: Attacker Stabs 3 to Death at Kindergarten
- Fake Email Tactics Used by Repressive States
Have other topics you want us to cover? Drop us a line: [email protected]
And if you’d like to buy us a coffee: https://donorbox.org/china-in-focus
Subscribe to our newsletter for more first-hand news from China.
Follow China in Focus on social media:
Click the “Save” button below the video to access it later on “My List”
Follow EpochTV on social media: