Witness Speaks Out on Organ Harvesting Taking Place in China

Jeremy Sandberg
By Jeremy Sandberg
June 24, 2019Chinashare

TORONTO—A people’s tribunal in London concluded on June 17 that prisoners of conscience are being murdered for their organs in China. A former intern at a military hospital in Shenyang witnessed the crime firsthand and spoke with NTD about his harrowing experience.

George Zheng was about to graduate from medical school in the 1990s when he witnessed the event. Some gory details have been omitted.

“I was doing an internship at the Shenyang Army General Hospital [General Hospital of Shenyang Military Region],” said Zheng. “At that time, I took part in a military mission.”

Along with three doctors and two nurses, and under armed escort, Zheng was driven in an ambulance to an area around Dalian, in China’s northeast.

Night of Terror

Zheng said the ambulance arrived in a very remote place in the wilderness.

“We heard a gunshot, it wasn’t long before several soldiers carried a man over.”

The man’s neck was covered by blood, and his throat was bleeding.

Zheng then witnessed doctors removing kidneys from the prisoner. One of the doctors instructed him what to do next.

“He motioned for me to cut one particular blood vessel,” said Zheng. “As soon as it was cut, his blood instantly flowed out, and it was hot.”

George Zheng interview with NTD
George Zheng sat down with an NTD reporter to share his harrowing experience of witnessing forced organ harvesting in China. (Arek Rusek/NTD)

Zheng recalls he was panicking and very shocked.

“But I saw that the other people present had no expression on their faces,” said Zheng. “After the kidneys, the doctors instructed him to take out the eyeballs.”

Zheng says he was shaking and nearly collapsed, and told the doctors he couldn’t do it.

One of the doctors removed the eyeballs and after it was done, instructed Zheng to stuff the body into a bag, which was carried away by soldiers.

Zheng asked what would be done about the leftover bodies, and was told that there was another military vehicle that would destroy or burn them.

After they came back to Shenyang, Zheng witnessed the organs being implanted into a waiting patient. He was told to “sit aside and take a rest.”

The whole event shook Zheng profoundly.

Leaving China

Zheng said when he returned home he had a high fever for days. Afterward, he talked with someone at the hospital and told them he would not go there again.

“I said I could work elsewhere, but I wouldn’t do this job again,” said Zheng.

To this day Zheng is still haunted by the memory of that day in the mountains and wilderness. Zheng says he wonders who the victim was and what his parents think happened to him.

“His family didn’t know anything about this cruel event,” said Zheng.

Zheng decided to leave China and says he knows that the Chinese Communist Party assassinates people who are aware of this, to silence them.

World Falun Dafa in New York City
Falun Gong practitioners gathered on World Falun Dafa in New York City, on May 13, 2015. (NTD)

“When I thought about this, I thought that since I’m alive, I should stand up to testify,” said Zheng. “Because tens of thousands of families in China don’t know that their loved ones died in such a cruel way.”

The independent people’s tribunal in London unanimously concluded that the Chinese regime’s practice of forced organ harvesting has happened in multiple places on multiple occasions in a period of at least 20 years, and is still ongoing today.

With multiple testimonies from different groups, the only missing voice at the tribunal was the Chinese Communist Party, which claimed that the accusations are politically motivated.

Additional reporting by Arek Rusek

ntd newsletter icon
Sign up for NTD Daily
What you need to know, summarized in one email.
Stay informed with accurate news you can trust.
By registering for the newsletter, you agree to the Privacy Policy.