A bill taking aim at TikTok is facing changes on Capitol Hill. This comes after the app spent $100 million to lobby Congress.
Federal prosecutors are now targeting the head of a Washington-based think tank, who has been charged for acting as a Chinese agent.
Dozens of Chinese military aircraft were spotted near Taiwan, flanked by warships. The fly-by followed a speech hinting at tighter ties with the United States.
The Solomon Islands and China are strengthening relations, signing nine deals in Beijing, including a policing pact.
Topics in this episode:
- $100M: Bytedance Lobbying to Change TikTok Bill
- U.S. Think Tank Head Charged with Working for Beijing
- 34 Chinese Military Aircraft Spotted near Taiwan
- Jordan Faces Billions in Chinese Debt Following Deal with China’s Belt and Road Initiative
- Trojan Horse in the Pacific? China-Solomon Islands Policing Pact Riles the West
- Germany to Send Troops to Australia for Drills
- Moderna Deal to Make mRNA Jabs in China, for China
- Childbirth at 15? China Offers Folic Acid to Teenagers
- NTD Beauty Pageant Announces 40 Finalists
- Newsham: U.S. Couldn’t ‘Defend Taiwan’ If China Has Control of the Pacific