In breaking news this morning, Ukraine’s Interior minister and 17 others were killed in a helicopter crash in Kyiv, along with other senior officials. Twenty-nine people were injured, including 15 children.
Just days into the start of the new Congress, articles of impeachment against DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas have been drafted by House Republicans. But not all of the GOP is on board.
With House committee assignments at the center of controversy on Jan. 17, House Speaker Kevin McCarthy is following through on his promise to shuffle things up.
Topics in this episode include:
1. Ukraine’s Interior Minister Dies in Helicopter Crash
2. House Committee Assignment Controversy
3. House GOP Lays Groundwork for Mayorkas Impeachment
4. Nearly 250,000 Crossed Darien Gap in 2022: Report
5. Death Penalty Not Sought for Alleged Walmart Shooter
6. Florida Gov. DeSantis Announces New Legislation
7. Trump to Hit Campaign Trail Later This Month
8. NATO Deploys Surveillance Planes to Romania
9. Russian Mercenary Commander Seeks Asylum in Norway
10. Microsoft Announces Thousands of Lay-Offs
11. Goldman Sachs Reports 69 Percent Drop in Quarterly Revenues
12. CA: 100-Foot Mudslide Halts Passenger Train
13. Plane Lands Safely at Sydney Airport After Mayday Alert
14. Vittore Carpaccio Exhibit in Washington D.C.