President Joe Biden cut short his trip to Asia this week to resume discussions about raising the debt ceiling and curbing the threat of an economic crisis. NTD hears from an expert on how a deal could take shape and steps to avoid this recurring problem.
Biden’s nominee to head the National Institutes of Health is in the hot seat. Some are criticizing her past financial ties with pharmaceutical companies like Pfizer.
“The Messenger” reports that four Congressional Democrats sponsored millions of dollars in federal spending projects for organizations that employed their spouses.
Topics in this episode include:
1. Biden, GOP Express Optimism on Debt Deal
2. McCarthy: Debt Deal Possible by Week’s End
3. Reps Sent Funds to Spouses’ Employers: Report
4. NIH Nominee Received Major Pfizer Funding
5. Cameron Wins GOP Nomination for Kentucky Gov.
6. Elon Musk on Biden, 2020 Election
7. House Democrats Move to Expel GOP Rep. Santos
8. Olympic Gold Medalist Aims for Congress
9. Massachusetts AG Resigns over Investigations
10. Worries in Commercial Real Estate
11. NYC Sued over ESG Goals in Pension Fund
12. Gov’t Considers Chocolate Milk Ban in Schools
13. Treasury Details Solar Panel Tax Credits
14. Former UK PM Liz Truss Visits Taiwan
15. Economic NATO ‘Good’ Idea: UK Politician
16. Russia Opens Major Seaport to China
17. France’s Ex-President Loses Corruption Appeal
18. European Leaders to Count Cost of Ukraine War
19. Russia, Iran Sign Rail Deal
20. Russia Renounces Cold War-Era Treaty
21. Russian Villages Cope with Wildfire Aftermath
22. Head of Ukraine Supreme Court Arrested
23. Auschwitz Museum Conserves Children’s Shoes
24. Hercules Restoration Undergoes Final Touches
25. Ivory Coast Chocolate Maker Promotes Beans
26. Copenhagen Beer Festival Yoga Strikes Balance
27. Rescued Tiger Cub Enjoys New Home