This Avocado Tuna Salad is loaded with creamy tuna and cilantro, homemade tomato salsa, and fresh avocados. Each layer is stacked on the other so that you get a little of each in every bite. Plus, it’s easy to make and very refreshing.
Serving size: 2
• 1 Avocado
• 1 Lime
• 2 Ripe Tomatoes
• 1/2 small White or Red Onion, Diced
• 1 small Garlic Clove, Crushed
• 1/4 cup & 1 tbsp Cilantro, Chopped
• 5 oz Canned tuna (a 145 g Tin of Line Caught Tuna)
• 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
• Salt to taste
1. Score the flesh of the avocado without cutting through the peel. Then using a spoon, scoop out the avocado from the peel.
2. Place avocado in a bowl, squeeze a quarter lime over it, and carefully mix the avocado. Salt to taste.
3. Cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
4. Combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, and 1/4 cup cilantro in a bowl. Squeeze a quarter lime over the mixture. Toss ingredients together gently until well combined, add salt to taste.
5. In a bowl, mix tuna, mayonnaise and 1 tbsp cilantro. Add salt to taste and stir it all together.
6. Place the baking ring or deep round biscuit cutter in the center of the dish. Place a layer of avocado mixture on the bottom, then layer tuna on top of that. Finish it with a layer of fresh tomato salsa. carefully remove the baking ring. Enjoy!