This fish has so much flavor and simple to prepare. It is exploding with flavor thanks to fresh basil, juicy tomatoes, and plenty of garlic. Cod is a good source of protein, phosphorus, niacin, and Vitamin B-12.
Learn more about Taking Cancer on Through Flavour initiative by Boehringer Ingelheim.
● ½ cup Fresh basil
● 1 pint Cherry tomatoes
● 4 tbsp / 60 ml Olive oil
● 3 cloves Garlic, minced
● 2 tbsp / 30 ml Fresh lemon juice
● ½ tsp / 2g Fresh lemon zest
● 1 tsp / 5 ml Honey
● Salt to taste
● Pepper to taste
● 1½ lb. Cod fillets, 5 pieces
1. Prep vegetables: slice the basil and cut cherry tomatoes in half. Set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
3. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until they’re soft and blistering, but still hold their shape, about 9 – 12 minutes.
4. Stir in the basil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, honey, and pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer the sauce into a bowl and set aside until needed.
5. Pat the cod dry with paper towels. Season both sides of cod with salt and pepper.
6. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Place cod in the oil and cook until golden brown. Carefully flip the cod over and continue cooking until cooked through.
7. Pour the tomato basil sauce over the cod, let the sauce warm up for a minute, then remove from heat and serve at once.