Job Title: Digital News Reporter/Writer
Employment type: Contract
Location: New York or Remote
NTD news is seeking experienced News Reporters to produce original news content for our website, ntd.com. You will report and aggregate stories from a wide range of sources, as well as write breaking and trending news under a high-pressure news environment.
NTD now broadcasts nationwide in the United States and the UK via cable, satellite, over-the-air channels, and streaming platforms, servicing 150 million people.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify, pitch, and write news articles that drive traffic to our website.
- Make calls or write emails to various news sources like PR, law enforcement, attorneys, etc., when necessary
- Write clearly and concisely
- Perform under tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of AP Style
- At least 2 years of experience in writing news for print or the web
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced newsroom environment
- Strong desire to be first to report something
- Solid news judgment and excellent journalism ethics
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with video storytelling a plus
- Cover Letter
- Five or more samples of your work related to national news
NTD broadcasts across 36 states and serves over 23 million households on cable. With the addition of our local over-the-air affiliates, we reach over 60 million households in the United States. NTD.com is expanding fast. Ready to Apply? Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org