President Donald Trump on Tuesday dismissed rumors claiming he is in declining health.
Trump, 79, addressed the conspiracy theories circulating online that suggested his health was suffering and that he possibly even died.
The president said he heard some rumors about his demise but didn't realize the extent of the speculation.
Trump contradicted the conspiracy theories, citing his busy and "very active" weekend agenda over the Labor Day weekend.
The president specifically pointed out that he participated in an extensive, sit-down interview with The Daily Caller over the weekend that lasted about an hour and a half. He also visited his golf course in Sterling, Virginia, and posted several statements on social media, Trump said.
According to the president, the rumors were "fake" and "crazy."
“Last week, I did numerous news conferences. All successful, they went very well, like this is going very well. And then I didn’t do any for two days and they said, ‘There must be something wrong with him,’” Trump said during a press conference in the Oval Office on Tuesday.
The president compared his engagement with the media to his predecessor, asserting that former President Joe Biden wouldn't often make himself available to the press like he does.
“Biden wouldn’t do [press conferences] for months," Trump said. "You wouldn’t see them, and nobody ever said there was ever anything wrong with him and he wasn’t in the greatest of shape."
"It's just, it's so fake. That's why the media has so little credibility," Trump added.
Vance, 41, said the president has a lot of energy and remains in very good health.
"I feel very confident the president of the United States is in good shape, is going to serve out the remainder of his term and do great things for the American people," Vance said during the interview.
Trump was 78 years old when he took office for a second term, making him the oldest person to be inaugurated as president of the United States.