Patrick Frazee, Fiance of Missing Colorado Mom Kelsey Berreth, Arrested

Zachary Stieber
By Zachary Stieber
December 21, 2018US News

The fiance of missing Colorado mother Kelsey Berreth was arrested on Dec. 21, as investigators said evidence indicates Berreth is dead.

The warrant was served at Frazee’s home outside Woodland Park, Colorado judicial spokesman Rob McCallum told CNN. The Teller County jail confirmed the arrest with KKTV.

The Woodland Park Police Department and the Teller County Sheriff’s Office conducted the arrest together and it went without incident.

Pictures published by ABC News showed investigators serving an arrest warrant for Frazee on Friday morning.

A press conference was planned for 10 a.m. local time, the Woodland Park Police Department said in a statement.

Frazee has not spoken publicly but his attorney Jeremy Loew said last week that he was cooperating with law enforcement.

Officials said previously Berreth’s 1-year-old daughter was being taken care of by Frazee, who is the girl’s father.

Berreth, 29, was last seen on Thanksgiving. One of the last places she was seen was at a Safeway in Woodland Park, shopping with her daughter.

Miles De Young, the Woodland Park Police Department, told reporters on Dec. 11, that there was no indication of any threat or danger to the missing mother while confirming that her cell phone pinged outside of Gooding, Idaho on Nov. 25.

The location, close to some of Berreth’s relatives, was nearly 700 miles away from Woodland Park. Family members said that she didn’t take anything other than her purse. All her other belongings, including her two vehicles, are still in Colorado.

miles de young
Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young answers questions about the disappearance of resident Kelsey Berreth, 29, while her mother, Cheryl Berreth, stands in the background during a news conference at City Hall in Woodland Park, Colo. on Dec. 10, 2018. (Christian Murdock/The Gazette via AP)

“She’s not the kind that runs off,” mother Cheryl Berreth said at a press conference on Dec. 10. “This is completely out of character. Kelsey loves her God, she loves her family and friends, and she loves her job. She’s reliable, considerate, and honest.”

Berreth also sent a text message to her employer after Thanksgiving stating she would not be at work the following week. Another text message was sent to Frazee, though its contents have not been made public.

Frazee told detectives that the last time he saw Berreth was on Thanksgiving Day when she gave him their baby daughter, officials said at the press conference. Frazee was invited to the press conference but did not attend; officials said he is being cooperative.

Police officers searched Frazee’s property in Florissant on Dec. 14. A day later, De Young urged Frazee to be honest with investigators and said officials started to believe that Berreth could be in danger as time dragged on without word from her.

The police returned several more times to the property and officers were seent taking out bags of evidence on Monday. FBI agents, meanwhile, were at the home of Berreth in Woodland Park on Wednesday.

ntd newsletter icon
Sign up for NTD Daily
What you need to know, summarized in one email.
Stay informed with accurate news you can trust.
By registering for the newsletter, you agree to the Privacy Policy.