Some things in life just don’t work well together, like your oil and water, cupcakes and weight loss, arachnophobic and spiders…….Well you get the idea, the same applies for skincare! Now that everyone is all about layering products, and having like a 7 step skincare routine every night – the thing is, you might actually be using products with ingredients that SHOULD NOT be mixed together, and if they are it could cause irritation, more breakouts or even premature aging!
So we are going to save you the painful process of trial and error, and tell you 5 of the most harmful combinations to your skin which you might actually be using right now!
Combinations to avoid:
- Vitamin C with AHAs/BHAs and Benzoyl Peroxide – This can alter the pH of vitamin C and reduce the benefits and effectiveness of the vitamin C
- Face oil with Hyaluronic acid – hyaluronic acid is water-based and cannot penetrate through the oil therefore unable to get into your skin
- Sonic Brush with Exfoliants-Doing so can over exfoliate your skin and even cause microscopic tears and abrades the skin
- Benzoyl Peroxide with Retinols- both benzoyl peroxide and retinols are drying and peeling agents that breaks down your skin barrier, using the two together can cause redness, blistering and scarring
- Acne Treatments with Chemical Exfoliants- using the two together will make your skin red and flaky
Exfoliants – Derma E Purifying Daily Detox Scrub
Acne Treatments/Benzoyl Peroxide/Salicylic Acid – La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo Dual Action Acne Treatment Cream, Murad Acne Clearing Solution
For more information and detailed directions, watch the full video: 5 Skincare Combinations that Cause Breakouts & Inflammation in Your Skincare Routine
More Skincare videos:
Follow us for more updates: Beauty Within