These Stuffed Zucchini Boats are an easy and delicious weeknight dinner idea, plus they reheat well for the perfect make-ahead dinner during the week. It’s also super versatile! You can easily switch out the filling ingredients with other vegetables and spices and have a completely new meal!
Learn more about Taking Cancer on Through Flavour initiative by Boehringer Ingelheim.
Serving size: 8
• 4 Zucchinis
• Olive Oil Spray
Quinoa Stuffed Filling
• 1 cup/ 185 g Cooked Quinoa
• ½ cup/ 75 g Chopped Bell Peppers
• 1 medium Tomato
• 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
• ¼ Tsp Dried Oregano
• ¼ Tsp Dried Basil
• 1 Tsp Salt
• ½ Tsp Black Pepper
• Small handful of Parsley, chopped
• 2 Tbsp / 30g Feta Cheese
Italian Stuffed Filling
• ½ Onion
• ½ Carrot
• 1 Stick Celery
• 1 Cloves Garlic
• 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
• ½ Tsp Salt
• ½ Tsp Pepper
• ½ lb. / 225 g Ground Beef
• 1 Cup / 225 g Spaghetti Sauce
• ½ Cup / 40 g Mozzarella Cheese
• 1 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Basil
• ½ Cup / 75 g Cherry Tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Set a baking dish and spray with olive oil.
2. Cut zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the middle with a spoon. Spray with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
3. For quinoa stuffed filling: In a bowl combine cooked quinoa, peppers, tomato, garlic, oregano, basil, parsley and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. For Italian stuffed meat filling: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add onions, carrots and celery, sautéing for 1-2 minutes. Add ground beef and cook for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned. Add in garlic, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper and spaghetti sauce. Bring to a boil then remove from heat.
5. Place zucchini in baking dish and fill with quinoa mixture, distributing it evenly. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. Top with cheese crumbles and broil for 2 more minutes.
7. Add meat mixture to zucchini boats and top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is fully melted. Enjoy!