Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia Jade and Isabella Giannulli, are still enrolled in school, despite reports that they dropped out over “bullying” concerns, USC confirmed in a new report.
Loughlin and her husband, fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, were charged as part of the nationwide college admissions bribery scam. They were accused of agreeing to pay $500,000 in bribes to have their daughters designated as recruits for the USC crew team, despite neither of the girls having participated in the sport.
TMZ first reported that the girls planned to drop out of USC because they’re afraid they’d get bullied.
Sources told the website that both girls never really wanted to go to USC, preferring to attend Arizona State University (ASU) because “they liked the concept of school principally because of partying.”
View this post on Instagram
In correspondence obtained by FBI agents, Giannulli at one point tells Singer, the mastermind behind the college admissions scandal, that he wants to get his daughters “into a school other than ASU!”
Olivia in particular “is a mess, despondent, and feeling like it’s the end of the world,” sources told TMZ. Both girls fear that if they return to school, they’d get “viciously bullied,” so they plan to “lay low” and forgo attending any college for now.
Olivia Jade, a YouTube star, also said she didn’t care about school.
— Johnny (@Johnnys_Eye) March 12, 2019
However, despite all that, USC confirmed to Business Insider that the two girls are still enrolled.
“We have confirmed that both Olivia Giannulli and Isabella Giannulli still are enrolled,” USC said in a statement to the publication. “USC is conducting a case-by-case review for current students and graduates that may be connected to the scheme alleged by the government and will make informed decisions as those reviews are completed.”
USC confirms Lori Loughlin’s daughters are still enrolled in school, despite reports that they dropped out over ‘bullying’ concerns https://t.co/0OWk8GvuLT
— Business Insider (@businessinsider) March 15, 2019
Backlash from Brands
In the backlash of Loughlin’s charges, Olivia Jade has lost a lot of partnerships with some of the lucrative brand-sponsorship deals she had landed over the years.
Sephora announced in a statement Thursday, March 14, that after reviewing the developments, the company has ended its partnership with 19-year-old Olivia Jade Giannulli “effective immediately.” She previously collaborated with the brand on the Olivia Jade x Sephora Collection Bronze & Illuminate Palette.
Hi there, After careful review of recent developments, we have made the decision to end the Sephora Collection partnership with Olivia Jade, effective immediately.
— Sephora (@Sephora) March 14, 2019
Other companies include TRESemmé, which also announced on Thursday it was cutting ties with Olivia Jade. “We take this very seriously and are no longer working with Olivia,” the company said.
Smashbox Cosmetics announced on Twitter that it “has no current campaigns with Olivia Jade and no plans to work with her in the future.”
Smashbox has no current campaigns with Olivia Jade and no plans to work with her in the future.
— Smashbox Cosmetics (@Smashbox) March 15, 2019
Other companies that have cut ties with Olivia Jade include clothing brand Lulus and the cosmetic company Estée Lauder.
Colleen Winter, CEO and co-founder of Lulus said in a statement to CBS News that the brand hasn’t worked with Olivia Jade since August 2018 and has “no plans to do so in the future.”
“The Estée Lauder Companies’ brands have no current campaigns with Olivia Jade and no plans to work with her in the future,” a spokesperson told CBS News.
NTD News reporter Zachary Stieber contributed to this report.