20-Year-Old Former High School Football Player Dies From COVID-19

One of the latest family tragedies has been reported in Michigan after multiple family members died in a short period of time due to COVID-19.

On March 27, Freddie Brown Junior, 57, died after contracting the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus, also known as the novel coronavirus. A few days later, his 20-year-old son has died after contracting the virus, Grand Blanc Community Schools district confirmed to Mlive.

Former football player and 2018 Grand Blanc High School graduate Freddie Brown III died on March 29. Brown’s death comes just three days after his father died, succumbed to the virus.

Brown’s cousin also died earlier after contracting the CCP virusFOX66 reported.  The date of his death was not provided.

News outlet Mlive reported that Brown suffered from asthma and that that underlying factor possibly contributed to his death.

Brown played football as a defensive lineman with The Grand Blanc Bobcats, and his former teammates remembered him as a kind, selfless individual who always did his best to bring a smile to the faces of everyone he encountered.

A football in a file photo on March 8, 2020 (Photo by John McCoy/Getty Images)

Many of Brown’s former classmates, teammates, and friends posted their condolences and shared memories of him on social media.

The Grand Blanc Bobcats football team said on Twitter they wished their former teammate “prayers for eternal rest.”

“Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of Love,” Brown’s team wrote on Twitter, adding a photo of the former Bobcat defensive lineman.

“Freddie had the biggest smile and the kindest heart,” another friend of Brown, Elaine Alexander, wrote on Twitter“He was a welcome presence on the sideline even after graduation RIP young man and prayers for your sweet mama.”

College Football Player Dies After Reporting ‘Breathing Problems’

Brown’s passing comes more than a week after 22-year-old college football player Bryce Beekman was found dead after he experienced breathing problems in his apartment in the COVID-19-stricken state of Washington.

Beekman, a defensive for Washington State University’s football team, was found dead in his Pullman apartment by a police officer on March 24 after he called the department concerning “breathing problems.”

“We are in shock with the news of Bryce’s passing,” said WSU athletic director Pat Chun. “Bryce was a tremendous young man, great teammate, and will be missed by all. We send our deepest condolences and prayers to the Beekman family and his many friends.”

Although the circumstances of Beekman’s death and the reported breathing problems shortly before his death could indicate a connection to the CCP virus, it may take up to three months to establish the cause of death, said the Whitman County coroner, according to The Associated Press.

Victor Westerkamp contributed to this report.