A Manhattan federal jury on Monday convicted three brothers—including two of the country's most prominent luxury real estate brokers—of sex trafficking.
The case closes a five-week trial in which 11 women testified they were drugged and sexually assaulted by the men who had lured them with extravagant lifestyles and promises of luxury experiences.
Twins Oren and Alon Alexander, both 38, and their older brother Tal Alexander, 39, sat stunned as the jury foreperson read "guilty" 19 consecutive times. Tal Alexander slumped forward, burying his head into his crossed arms. Their parents watched in shock from the gallery. Alon Alexander's wife held her hand over her face, visibly fighting tears.
Victims testified that the brothers enticed them with all-expenses-paid trips to the Hamptons, Aspen, Colorado, and a Caribbean cruise. In advance, the brothers procured drugs including cocaine, mushrooms, and GHB, which were at times secretly slipped into women's drinks, according to the Justice Department. Several women described losing control of their bodies and having fragmented memories of the assaults.
More than 60 women in total have alleged they were raped by one or more of the brothers.
Beyond the lead sex trafficking charges, Alon and Tal Alexander were also found guilty of sex trafficking of a minor. Alon and Oren Alexander were convicted of aggravated sexual abuse by force or intoxicant and sexual abuse of a physically incapacitated person.
Oren Alexander was additionally convicted of sexually exploiting a minor after prosecutors presented jurors with a video he recorded that appeared to show him assaulting a drugged 17-year-old.
U.S. District Judge Valerie E. Caproni scheduled sentencing for Aug. 6. The brothers, who have been held in custody since their arrests in December 2024, intend to appeal, according to their attorneys.
"We believe in our clients' innocence and we're not going to stop fighting until we prevail, and we believe that we will one day prevail," defense lawyer Marc Agnifilo said outside the courthouse.
Oren and Tal Alexander had built a formidable reputation in New York's luxury property market, earning the nickname the "A Team" for their record-breaking sales and celebrity clientele at Douglas Elliman before launching their own firm. Alon Alexander managed the family's private security company.
The criminal case grew out of roughly two dozen civil lawsuits filed over the past two years. Multiple women came forward publicly, saying the brothers' predatory behavior had been widely known in real estate circles. Among those suing is Tracy Tutor, a star of Bravo's "Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles," who filed a lawsuit last week alleging Oren Alexander drugged and assaulted her during a New York real estate event.
Defense attorneys argued the accusers had unreliable memories or were motivated by financial gain. Prosecutors countered that only two of the testifying women had pending lawsuits—and both were already wealthy.
One accuser, who said she was 17 when Alon Alexander raped her in Aspen in 2017, told the jury she was a billionaire's daughter. "I don't want their money. I just don't want them to have it," she said.
Lindsey Acree, an artist and gallery owner who testified that Tal Alexander and another man raped her in the Hamptons in 2011, said she filed suit because the brothers "kept calling us gold diggers, shake down artists, con artists."
"If there's a kid with a stick who keeps hitting people, you take their stick away," she told the jury. "Money is their stick, so you take it away so they can't hurt people anymore."
“This verdict cannot undo the effects of heinous abuse the Alexanders’ many victims endured, but it does send a message: New Yorkers want to bring an end to sex trafficking in all our communities.”
