California-based strategic and creative growth consultancy Prophet had advised the company on its brand refresh initiatives, including the recent logo and restaurant redesigns that triggered widespread opposition from the public.
“We thank our guests for sharing your voices and love for Cracker Barrel. We said we would listen, and we have. Our new logo is going away, and our ‘Old Timer’ will remain,” the company said in a statement at the time.
The Epoch Times reached out to Prophet for comment, but did not receive a response by publication time.
On Thursday, the company said Doug Hisel, previously vice president (VP) of field operations at Cracker Barrel, had been promoted to senior vice president (SVP) of store operations, overseeing field operations and operations services. He has been working with the company for 18 years, the company said.
Laura Daily, SVP of chief merchant and retail supply chain, recently announced she was retiring. Her responsibilities will be taken over by Heather Gammon, VP of demand planning, and Heather Hager, VP of retail and design, according to the statement. The role of SVP and chief restaurant and retail operations officer, held by Cammie Spillyards-Schaefer, has been eliminated.
“We are grateful to Laura for her leadership, including being a driving force behind the growth of our retail business during her tenure, and thank Cammie for the meaningful contributions and impact she made through her nearly a decade at the Company,” Masino said.
Thomas Yun, who previously worked with Cracker Barrel, is rejoining the company, taking over the post of vice president for menu strategy and innovation from Matthew Banton.
“These changes to our organizational structure, along with new leadership appointments and promotions, mark a strategic step forward as we sharpen our focus on consistently craveable food and warm country hospitality,” Masino said. “This transition reduces layers in the organization as we bring a hyperfocus on ensuring both every plate served and every interaction with our guests reflects the care and quality we stand for.”

President Donald Trump had also called on Cracker Barrel to give up its new redesign. Trump welcomed the switchback in an Aug. 27 Truth Social post.
The company reported $3.48 billion in revenues for the year, up 0.4 percent from the previous fiscal year. Net income was up 13.3 percent, while earnings per share jumped 12.6 percent.
“Many elements of our plan are working well and delivering results, as evidenced by five consecutive quarters of comparable store restaurant sales increases and 9 percent adjusted EBITDA growth in fiscal 2025,” Masino said. EBITDA refers to earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization.
“Looking ahead, there is much to be optimistic about, and our teams are focused on getting back to the momentum we created last fiscal year.”
For fiscal year 2026, the company is expecting revenues in the range of $3.35 billion to $3.45 billion. It projects opening two new Cracker Barrel stores and shutting down 14 Maple Street units. Cracker Barrel acquired biscuit company Maple Street in 2019.
