Girlfriend of Missing Woman Jennifer Dulos’s Husband Meets With Investigators as Search Continues

By Zachary Stieber

The girlfriend of Fotis Dulos, the estranged husband of missing Connecticut mother Jennifer Dulos, met with investigators on June 6 as the search for the missing woman reached the two-week mark.

Michelle Troconis, the girlfriend, is facing a charge of tampering with evidence along with Fotis Dulos.

Connecticut state troopers entered the office of Troconis’s lawyer on Thursday carrying equipment that is used to take statements from suspects, according to CBS. The State Attorney for Stamford and Norwalk, Richard Colango, soon arrived.

The meeting at the lawyer’s office lasted approximately three hours. Troconis was spotted walking out of the office and later entering a hotel in Avon.

This undated photo released May 31, 2019, by the New Canaan, Conn., Police Department shows Jennifer Dulos, missing since May 24 when she was last seen dropping off her children at school. (New Canaan Police Department via AP)

Troconis and Fotis Dulos were arrested on June 1 for allegedly tampering with evidence, specifically the body of Jennifer Dulos, indicating investigators believe the missing mother-of-five is no longer alive.

While Fotis Dulos did not post bond, Troconis did and has been free since early in the week.

Authorities have been searching multiple places for Jennifer Dulos, visiting a $4.8 million property owned by Fotis Dulos in New Canaan on Wednesday.

A neighbor told the Stamford Advocate that he heard loud noises of metal hitting something on the property in the early morning of May 25, a day after Jennifer Dulos vanished. He also said that police officers have been in the community three times since she went missing.

Fotis Dulos and Michelle Troconis were arrested in connection with the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos in Connecticut. (New Canaan Police Department)

A nanny at one house in the area said that police on June 5 searched a metal dumpster located in front of a house on Sturbridge Hill, about 10 minutes’ driving distance from Jennifer Dulos’s home on Welles Lane. Investigators have found indications of a “serious physical assault” and blood in the garage there.

New Canaan Police Lt. Jason Ferraro said on Thursday that officials couldn’t give details about the searches.

“This team continues to explore all criminal behavior, which led to the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos. During this criminal investigation, search warrants have been obtained and served on properties owned by Fotis Dulos,” Ferraro said. “Details regarding these searches will not be released as it could compromise this very active criminal investigation.”

“Investigators continue to work diligently to vet the tips and video surveillance for viable leads or evidence to assist in locating Jennifer Dulos,” Ferraro’s statement also stated. “Because this is an ongoing investigation, specific information gained from these tips and video surveillance will not be shared.”

Fotis Dulos is arraigned on charges of tampering with or fabricating physical evidence and first-degree hindering prosecution at Norwalk Superior Court in Norwalk, Conn., June 3, 2019. Fotis Dulos is the estranged husband of Jennifer Dulos, the 50-year-old mother of five who has been missing since May 24. (Tyler Sizemore/Hearst Connecticut Media via AP, Pool)

Arrest warrants obtained by the Advocate state that Fotis Dulos and Troconis, who started living together in 2017 after Jennifer Dulos filed for divorce, were seen in surveillance footage dumping trash bags in over 30 trash containers along Albany Avenue in Hartford.

Police have recovered some of the bags, including one which contained bloody clothing. The blood was tested and matched to Jennifer Dulos.

In addition to searching the property, police have been searching a trash facility in Hartford. The facility converts garbage to energy and is located about five miles from Albany Avenue.

A worker at the state Material Innovation and Recycling Authority told the New York Post he’d been shifted from another location to assist authorities in the search.

“They just called me to come down here from another place and not let anyone in,’’ the man said. “Clearly, something is going on.”

A law enforcement officer said that officers are following up on a lot of leads because they don’t have a strong primary one.

“Right now, it’s a mystery where she is,” the Connecticut police officer involved in the investigation told the Post. “We don’t have a strong lead.”