Suspects Sought in Chipotle Navy Yard Attack

The FBI Washington Field office announced a $5,000 reward, while the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) has offered a reward of up to $1,000 for the identification, arrest, and conviction of the suspects.
Published: 5/20/2026, 2:11:12 PM EDT
Suspects Sought in Chipotle Navy Yard Attack
The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) and FBI is seeking the public's help in locating suspects involved in an assault that occurred at the Chipotle in Navy Yard on May 16. (Photo: MPD)

Federal and local authorities have offered a reward totaling up to $6,000 for the capture of suspects involved in a violent altercation at a Chipotle restaurant in Washington, D.C.’s Navy Yard neighborhood.

The FBI Washington Field Office announced a $5,000 reward, while the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) has offered a reward of up to $1,000 for the identification, arrest, and conviction of the suspects.

MPD stated in a news release that officers had been deployed to the area to monitor a large group of people. According to witnesses, a group of juveniles was already inside Chipotle when another group entered. A fight broke out immediately, police said.

Both groups left the scene before officers arrived.

Authorities shared images of four suspects who were spotted on surveillance footage at the scene. Anyone who can identify the suspects or has knowledge of the brawl should call police at (202) 727-9099 or text a tip to 50411.

The attack has renewed a push for a youth curfew across the district.

Earlier this month, the D.C. council approved a controversial curfew measure that would give police the authority to establish curfew zones and prevent teen takeovers in places such as the Navy Yard and U Street Corridor, which have sometimes become violent. Under the measure, police would be allowed to designate areas where children and teenagers are prohibited from gathering in groups of eight or more starting at 8 p.m.

The measure now heads to Mayor Muriel Bowser for her signature and would then need congressional review.

The legislation is not expected to go into effect until late summer.

After an agreement could not be reached among council members on a version that would take effect immediately, Mayor Muriel Bowser released a statement Monday night said the District cannot afford another delay.

“I urge the DC Council to immediately pass emergency legislation to restore the extended juvenile curfew in Washington, DC.,” Bowser said. “The absence of this vital tool is having a profound negative impact on both public safety and sense of safety in the District.

U.S. Attorney Jeannine Pirro urged residents to contact District leaders and push for an immediate curfew.

“People of the District, call your council members and tell them to approve the discretionary curfew so we can end these teen takeovers and enjoy the quality of life that we are entitled to,” Pirro said.

Critics, on the other hand, have argued that curfews do not address the root cause of teen takeovers, citing mental health and lack of local resources.